My love for cooking
Growing up in Jamaica as a country boy has allowed me to have an appreciation for food. I can recall the days when I would sell with mom in her booth at Carnival, this brought much excitement to see how people faces and mood would change by just the aroma of jerk spices in the air. It was very fulfilling to see how their faces would light up with joy as they dived in for the next bite of their mouth-watering jerk chicken. That appreciation for food, people and cooking has allowed me to discover countless the ways to use this natural sweetener HONEY in my kitchen. Below is one of my favorite GO-TO recipes whenever I entertain.
Honey Bar-B Jerk Chicken Recipe
- 2 tbsp. Honey Bar-B Jerk Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ketcha Fyah Pepper sauce
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp green onion
- pinch nutmeg
- ¼ tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Worchester sauce
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger minced
- 2 tbl allspice
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste (at least 1 tsp Kosher or sea salt)
- 3/4 cup Honey Bar-B Jerk Sauce
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 6 oz. Red Stripe beer
- 2 tbsp. Ketchup
- one chicken, cut up into pieces (preferably organic)
Directions for Jerk Base
- Place all ingredients for base in a blender and process until smooth.
- Use to marinate chicken before cooking in the oven/ Grill on the barbecue until fully cooked.
Directions for Jerk Sauce
- Add all ingredients listed for the Jerk sauce to a pan over low heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring often. Add more juice or beer to thin the sauce, alternatively, simmer longer for a thicker sauce.
- Use to serve, spooned over cooked jerk chicken.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published